Construction, Engineering & Building Defects
We advise on all aspects of construction law which compliments our practice areas in planning, property and strata.
In addition to drafting and advising on construction related contracts, we have a dedicated construction litigation team. We act for developers, builders, subcontractors, homeowners and Owners Corporations.
We are currently acting for a number of Owners Corporations including in relation to building defects at Opal Tower; Mascot Towers; Wolseley Grove, Zetland and Darling North.
Our services include:
- contract review and contract drafting.
- contract administration and advice, including advice on time bars, variation claims, extensions of time, liquidated damages, practical completion, retention, termination and defects liability.
- operation of the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW).
- operation of the Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020 (NSW).
- operation of the Residential Apartment Buildings (Compliance and Enforcement Powers) Act 2020 (NSW).
- operation of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW).
- re-structuring of projects.
- building and construction disputes and claims resolution, including adjudication applications, expert determinations, arbitrations and conventional litigation (where alternative dispute resolution options are unavailable or otherwise inappropriate in the circumstances).